Thursday, February 16, 2012

Must be doing something right


There are certain moments in your life as a parent when you say
"Wow, we must have done something right".

How excited we were when our 11-year-old approached my husband last night.
He said, "Dad, I know what I want to be when I grow up."

Now, I know my husband braced himself for whatever comment would come next.
The last time we had this conversation, he came in embracing a Spanish textbook.
His grand scheme.... learn to speak Spanish so he could become a Mexican.
(He was very tan at the end of summer, so I suppose his logic made sense)

I have said since the get-go this child will be one of two things

1) A Christian comedian - the kid is HILARIOUS

Or 

Exactly what he said next....

"I don't want to be a police office or nothing like that."

"I want to be a pastor!"

Be still my heart. Tears well up each time I think that my sweet boy
has a love so deep for Christ that he wants to share it.

Affirmation that we are doing something right in our kids' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment