Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Mom's Goal Today..... Laugh!

LAUGH!!!!

Things seem so serious all the time around here. The boys get home and we're getting homework done. Get your chores done. Is your room clean? Wash up for dinner. Please eat with your mouth closed and hurry up you're the last one at the table... again. Shower! You're using all the hot water... get out! Are all your dirty clothes in the hamper? Brush your teeth. Is your backpack ready and you have all your clothes laid out right? Head to bed boys. Boys! Boys! Boys, I-SAID-GO-TO-SLEEP!!!!!

The other night someone told me his goal for his kids growing up was for them to look back and say they ENJOYED their childhood. Even as I type, I think, well.... our evening routine is really NOT filled with moments that make my kids want to smile. That is where The Mom is involved anyway. So, today, I'm going to try to find a way to make our nights fun. We can get all those things done without stress and frustration.

Perhaps we will turn the radio all the way up in the MomMobile tonight on the way to church. They can sing as loud and as bad as they want. Or maybe a quick board game before we pack up to run off. Or maybe even a special treat for whoever eats the most peas! LOL! I'm not sure, but tonight we will LAUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment